46 Eagle Rock Ave.
East Hanover, NJ 07936
Phone: (973) 560-1500
|Description:||EyeCare 20/20, based in East Hanover, N.J., and led by Cary M. Silverman,
M.D., also known as The LASIK Doc (TheLASIKDoc), provides advanced and traditional eye care services. Ophthalmology includes LASIK, cataract surgery and general eye care.
|Service Area:||Northern New Jersey, East Hanover and Parsippany|
|Founder/ Physician:||Cary Silverman, M.D.|
|Social Media:||FaceBook: http://tinyurl.com/eyecare2020
|No./Employees:||Four physicians and 18 administrative staff members|
|Founding Date:||1986, initially started as Parsippany EyeCare Associates|
|Revenue:||EyeCare 20/20 is a privately held company and does not disclose revenue.|
|Differentiators:||* Dr. Silverman and team offer what they call “happy medical care,”
Services that children, adults and senior adults need, want, choose
and prefer to have.
* Quarterly community care programs, called “EyeCare 20/20 See The Need,” allows the EyeCare 20/20 team to identify a charity or community need (locally and globally) and provide assistance for that entire quarter.
* Most advanced ophthalmology technologies and practices available in
New Jersey and the United States.
* Patients that include National Hockey League referees (“We don’t want
them missing the call due to poor eyesight,” says Dr. Silverman) plus
Olympic athletes and other sports celebrities. See www.lasiktherefs.com and www.lasikforthegold.com .
* Services expansion beyond eye care, with a full-service practice for audiology and hearing aids.
|Whom We Serve:||Children, adults, senior adults, and sports celebrities in the northern New Jersey area, including east Hanover and Parsippany.|
|Staff Members:||Dr. Silverman works with a team of physicians to assist in the diagnosis and
treatment of patients. Each doctor is an innovator in the fields of optometry and ophthalmology. See Dr. Silverman’s complete bio and curriculum vitae in the media kit.
Joel D. Eichler, M.D.
Nicholas Xanthos, O.D.
|Associations:||American Academy of Ophthalmology, http://www.aao.org/
• American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, http://www.ascrs.org/
• International Society of Refractive Keratoplasty, http://tinyurl.com/keratoplasty
• Medical Society of New Jersey, http://www.msnj.org/
• Morris County Medical Society, http://www.mcmsdocs.org/
|Services:||General eye care: routine exams, glasses, bifocals, contacts, plus treatment
of glaucoma and retinal disease, and offer a low-vision clinic. More information.
LASIK: EyeCare 20/20 employs the most advanced approach to refractive surgery, dubbed LASIK. Refractive eye surgery is any eye surgery used to improve the refractive state of the eye and decrease or eliminate dependency on glasses or contacts. Dr. Silverman uses the ALLEGRETTO WAVE® laser to customize LASIK for every individual patient. More information.
Cataract surgery: As a cataract surgery specialist, Dr. Silverman uses vision-correction technologies to provide cataracts sufferers with relief from vision impairment. Dr. Silverman is able to remove cataracts and replace cloudy lenses with revolutionary new lens implants. He uses new multifocal intraocular lenses, such as ReStor, Crystalens and Tecnis Multifocal, as well as the Toric Acrysof to perform refractive cataract surgery for those patients who want to decrease their dependency on reading glasses.
|EyeCare 20/20 offers Frequently Asked Questions at
|Media Contact: Roy G. Miller, email@example.com, (903) 422-5117|